JOINING & RENEWALS
BE A PART OF YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY SURF CLUB!
The Torquay Surf Life Saving Club is located right on the shores of one the most popular and iconic beaches in Australia. First established in 1945, our club is one of the oldest clubs in Victoria, and has a rich history of World, National and State Life Saving Champions not to mention Olympic athletes! Our Nipper program is one of the biggest in the state, and has been operating for over 50 years now. Our Nippers love belonging to the club that sits right on the beach they visit with their family, they learn to navigate waves and work towards becoming patrollers on their own local beach.
Our club genuinely has something for everyone, of all ages, with opportunities to meet friends for life and give back to your community through social and fundraising events. What better place to be than right on your favourite beach every weekend!
Thank you for wanting to join our club, we can’t wait to have you on board.
To have a conversation about becoming a member contact Scott McCardel on [email protected].
Torquay Surf Life Saving Club Membership important things to know:
- All memberships are annual and current from the joining date to the April 30 the following year
- All members 18 years and over must have a current WWCC (working with child check)
- All Junior Activity Members (Nippers aged 5-13) must join with a parent in a Family Membership
- A Family Membership is inclusive of all other Nipper Holiday Programs
- Information advertised is for this current season 2021 – 2022
In accordance with current government directions, LSV and life saving clubs are required to collect and store members’ and employees’ COVID-19 vaccination status. Please provide this information via the online form found at https://vacstatus.lsv.com.au/.
For more information, please refer to https://lsv.com.au/clubcovidrecovery/covid-19-vaccinations-faq/
RATES FROM 1ST MAY 2021
Paid after October 31 2021
+ $30 for additional child
Participates in Nipper Training sessions
May participate in Nipper Training sessions
Training to achieve SRC to be rostered on patrols
Or part of Family Membership
– with Bronze Medallion min. 25 hours on
NEW MEMBER STEPS TO JOIN
- Pay for SLA membership
- Application form lodged to TSLSC
- Provide your Working With Children Check – TSLSC must be named organisation on your
- Working With Children Check (WWCC )
- Department of Justice informs TSLSC that WWCC is current
- TSLSC approves application
The Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) Members Portal is a one-stop shop (single sign-on) for all your surf lifesaving online needs.
This guide will provide a step-by-step instruction for access and use of the Members Portal; such as creating a Members Portal Account, logging on and off the Members Portal, Membership Renewal Requests, and online payments.
The Member Portal Guide also provides definitions of the membership types, the Torquay Surf Life Saving Club (TSLSC) membership fees; for the current season, and how to pay using the SLSA Payment Gateway.