NIPPERS PROGRAMThe Torquay Surf Life Saving Club Nipper program is open to children aged 5 to 13 and runs from October through to March each year.
TORQUAY SURF LIFE SAVING CLUB NIPPERS PROGRAM
The Torquay Surf Life Saving Club Nipper program is open to children aged 5 to 13 and runs from October through to end February/mid-March each year.
Note: Under 6 & 7 program begins with the Summer Holiday Program.
Through delivery of the TSLSC Nipper Program we aim to provide a pathway for future lifesavers through life saving skill development and surf sports, bring families and friends together in community service, and foster an appreciation and respect for the ocean and natural environment.
Nippers will develop their surf skills like wading, surf swimming, board paddling and beach flags, and learn about the dynamic beach and ocean environment, and how to enjoy it safely with their friends and family.
Importantly, as a community focused, volunteer-run club, we need all families to contribute to the running of our program and the ongoing sustainability of the club. There is a job for everyone, whether that’s selling merchandise, cooking sausages, helping with set up and pack down, fundraising and much more. Please reach out to find out how you can help.
To participate in the Nipper program, children must be part of a current financial Family Membership of TSLSC.
There are two components to the TSLSC Nipper Program, the Summer Holiday Program and Surf Sports:
- The Summer Holiday Program is perfect for the new nipper! We deliver an intensive surf education program where nippers learn about the ocean and beach safety and are taught a range of essential surf skills in a safe and fun environment.
- Surf Sports is suited to the nipper that has a good standard of surf skills and enjoys competing at carnivals and the State Championships. The focus is on developing competitive skills in beach and water events , building fitness and resilience and having lots of fun!
SURF SPORTS TRAINING 2021/2022
Training will commence Sunday October 10th and continue until the end of February.
Training times and groups will be confirmed.
SUMMER HOLIDAY PROGRAM
TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SUMMER HOLIDAY PROGRAM, ALL PARENTS MUST HAVE SUBMITTED A CURRENT WORKING WITH CHILDREN CHECK (WWCC) BY DECEMBER 20. WITHOUT A WWCC, MEMBERSHIPS WON’T PROCESSED AND A PROGRAM SPOT CANNOT BE SECURED.
HAVING ISSUES ORGANISING YOUR MEMBERSHIP?
Contact the Membership Office on 5261 4110 or [email protected] Summer opening hours TBC.
Planned dates and timing for the 2021/22 Summer Holiday Program are:
- SHP Session 1 8:30am – 10:30am Monday 27 Dec.
- SHP Session 2 8:30am – 10:30am Tuesday 28 Dec.
- SHP Session 3 8:30am – 10:30am Wednesday 29 Dec.
- SHP Session 4 8:30am – 10:30am Thursday 30 Dec.
- SHP Session 5 8:30am – 10:30am Friday 31 Dec.
- Rest Day Friday 1 Jan.
- SHP Session 6 8:30am – 10:30am Sunday 2 Jan.
- SHP Session 7 8:30am – 10:30am Sunday 3 Jan.
Nipper Disco and Presentation dates/times to be confirmed.
(Note: no pre-program information session this season for new members. A virtual session will be made available)
Please refer to the links on this page for more information, or send an email to Matt Carmichael our Director, Junior Development at [email protected].